Home

Over a few weeks I have been clearing the site for the new hot bed – trying to deter the Kikuya and find the hoses etc.

With the assistance of Sharon (WWOOFER staying at Ian’s and working with us, while eating with Kim and Sue) I levelled the site and set up the frame of six straw bales.  We then filled the bed with layers of straw from the kanga house, horsemanure and a few weeds etc.  We finished off by paper and mulching around the bed to prevent it being run over by weeds.

A week later I turned the hot bed and added in lots of fresh grass clippings as I thought the mix was a bit lacking in green and also it would heat it up.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s