Home

In a state of dissatisfaction with this year’s strawberries (and v low satisfaction from the year before) Estelle and I have been discussing a new strawberry patch.

Nina and Felix (WWOOFers) returned on their way north and I asked for their help with clearing the ground.  Not only did they clear it they have mixed up the pine needles, horsemanure and compost and made the new bed!

In the meantime I made a lovely new compost heap – including the grass they had removed.

Friday they moved more horsemanure down to the bed we had cleared of potatoes – giving it a rich feed before pumpkins next season.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s