Home

After a wonderful working bee on Saturday in which the strawberry plants went into the new bed, the border went into the rhubarb bed and more kikuya was removed from the asparagus beds, I was keen to finish off the rhubarb care.

I brought down lots of horse manure from our trailer up the valley and spread it around the crowns, then I gave the whole bed a thick cover of straw to keep down the weeds and encourage activity in the soil.  I hope we will have a wonderful crop of rhubarb in spring.

Then I headed for the garlic bed.  The garlic is looking fine (not robust but there are lovely leaves growing, but I don’t think there is enough.  So, I planted two more heads of garlic – about 40 more plants – a bit late, but earlier than we used to plant.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s